Monday, April 13, 2020

FINALLY... Dallas lawyer trades his suit for scrubs to battle coronavirus in Queens while his wife, a doctor, fights it here

Metro columnist Sharon Grigsby writes:

When Gina Mullen's husband, Jim, said he wanted to pack a bag to go nurse some of the sickest victims of COVID-19 during the dead of night in the hardest-hit city in America, she didn’t invoke her marriage veto privilege.

Gina, an emergency room doctor in Dallas, was already on the front line of the coronavirus fight, when Jim, an emergency room nurse for five years before beginning his law career in 2015, told her that he couldn’t live with himself if he didn’t respond.

"I had this skill that would let me help people, but I wasn’t putting it to any use," he recalls telling her. "And more and more people were dying. … I felt I had an obligation to go do it."

No comments:

Post a Comment