Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Set P.O.S.I.T.I.V.E. Goals


S.M.A.R.T Goals are no longer smart. They are retrograde when it comes to being successful. They are not enablers of bold action, they encourage mediocre performance, and are ultimately limiting in nature.

  1. Specific
  2. Measurable
  3. Achievable
  4. Realistic
  5. Time-Bound
We are living in an era of constant evolution and development. It is a time of rapid transformations, inventions, and breakthroughs. If we desire to stay current then our goals and goal setting skills need to be revamped and become applicable to our time. The growth and transformation of technology are breaking through any past criterion or frontiers. The goals we set at this time need to be as boundless and seamless. 

When Steve Jobs set his goal to recreate the cell phone, as we knew it, his goal was not S.M.A.R.T. His imagination fueled his goal. He dreamed bigger, better, and bolder. He did not restrain himself to a specific, measurable, achievable, realistic and time-bound goal. He had a vision and set it as his goal. Thanks to his courageous endeavor, we now have the iPhone. Therefore, now is the time to shift the paradigm. There needs to be a new platform with a new purpose for effective and modern goal setting that will expand potential, accomplish things beyond imagination and achieve extraordinary results. It is time to set P.O.S.I.T.I.V.E Goals™.

P.  Passionate: A P.O.S.I.T.I.V.E. goal is driven by passion. It fires you up and fuels your days with purpose, enthusiasm, and excitement. Your goal becomes pivotal to your daily exercises. It will create that burning desire within to bring your goal into reality. A goal that is fueled by passion will never burn out; it will only thrive.

O.  Outside the box: A P.O.S.I.T.I.V.E. goal not to be bound by a criterion. It is not measured, limited, or simplified. Your goal pushes you out of your comfort zone and dares you to take risks. A P.O.S.I.T.I.V.E. goal gives you courage and enables your creativity. It will take beyond the realm of expectation and imagination. Your goal is a manifestation of your wildest dreams; you wouldn't box up your dreams, right?

S.  Significant: A P.O.S.I.T.I.V.E. goal enriches and benefits the lives of others and adds value to everyone and everything on its course. Your goal will create a win-win situation at any cost. The traces of significance that are left behind in the lives of others by your goal are as important as its fruition; for that too is its manifestation.

I.   Innovative: A P.O.S.I.T.I.V.E. goal opportunities and challenges to creatively reach and surpass any hindrance en route its success. Your goal is constantly raising the bar and is exponentially growing. An innovative goal is bigger, better, and bolder.

T.   Time-sensitive: A P.O.S.I.T.I.V.E. goal requires a sense of urgency. This is key to achieving great results. Your goal will have a tremendous momentum that will fuel everything you do because all things should work together towards its fruition. With a time sensitive mindset you can hit and exceed your goals.

I.   Impactful: A P.O.S.I.T.I.V.E. goal empowers, influences, and encourages. It is positive in intention, direction, and outcome. Your goal takes into account all the players of the game and all steps taken with purpose. With the right intentions, your goal will make an impact and a difference.

V.   Visionary: A P.O.S.I.T.I.V.E. goal is multifaceted. Your goal belongs to a bigger whole. It is a piece of a larger impact. With a clear vision, your goal can identify and look beyond any limits or restrictions. It takes a visionary to recognize the true reality of his goal.

E.   Evolving: A P.O.S.I.T.I.V.E. goal not only focuses on its final purpose but also in its process towards fruition. Your goal will help you develop new skills to achieve significant results. Setting a positive goal is embarking on a journey of transformation. As you shift the paradigm of goal setting and you evolve yourself. The destination of your goal will be evolutionary.



https://www.linkedin.com/in/farshadasl/

No comments:

Post a Comment