Wednesday, August 31, 2022

What Cancer Taught Me

What Cancer Taught Me

Leya Elijah- The struggle is real. I have been courageously fighting cancer for 6 years. Doctors didn't expect me to be walking, or at least not without assistance. My lower spine and right hip have been degenerating and due to chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL), I have been diagnosed with multiple sclerosis. I was told that I would be using a cane or walker, possibly even a wheelchair. In these years, I have also been diagnosed with ovarian cancer, which was a reoccurrence. Also, triple-negative breast cancer and lung cancer. I had a tumor spread to my brain and courageously fought that! I endured more doctor visits, hospital stays, biopsies, medical procedures, scans of EVERY kind, surgeries, and MRIs than I care to count! And let's not even discuss bloodwork! Yet, I have continued... Read more

No comments:

Post a Comment